By Bansi Gir Gauveda
Chyawanprash - one of the most important anti-aging supplements in Ayurveda
Chyawanprash is one of the most important anti--aging, rejuvenative formulas recommended by Bharatiya Ayurvedic system since thousands of years. Amalaki, a powerhouse of anti-oxidants and one of the richest sources of vitamin C, is the main ingredient in this preparation that also contains over 40 different Ayurvedic herbs. This preparation uses Ghee, Sesame oil and Honey as yogavahi's or carrier agents that make the beneficial herbal phytochemicals more bio-available, carrying them deeper into the tissues.
However, in case of Chyawanprash, the purity of ingredients and authenticity of formula as laid down by the Masters assumes enormous significance. We note with concern that most of the preparations available in the market contain preservatives or are made using Ghee, honey, sugar or other ingredients of doubtful quality. With this in mind, we are happy to introduce Gir Chyawayprash, as a step towards our mission of helping you adopt a natural healthcare and Ayurvedic lifestyle. In line with our mission, Gir Chyawanprash is made with the purest of ingredients using authentic 3000 year old formula for making Chyawanprash.
What makes Gir Chyawanprash so special?
1) Authentic formula - originally given by Maharshi Charaka, containing 40+ powerful herbs.
2) Uses Gir Ahinsak Gau Ghee - traditional bilona Ghee from whole milk of Gir Gaumata's looked after under our Vedic philosophy.
3) Contains Mishri (Rock sugar) - instead of white sugar. According to Ayurveda, Mishri offers a range of health benefits, while modern research demonstrates the many ill effects of conventional white sugar
4) Contains organic cold pressed sesame oil instead of conventional oils.
5) No preservatives, artificial chemicals or synthetic ingredients.
Key benefits of Gir Chyawanprash
According to various Ayurvedic texts Chyawanprash benefits almost every single organ system in the body. At a broader level -
1) Improves energy, muscle strength, immunity and body heat.
2) Promotes memory and intelligence.
3) Anti-aging and rejuvenative - nourishes all tissues of the body.
4) Improves digestion and elimination.
5) Tridosha Shamak - especially effective in balancing kapha and vata.
6) Improves cardiac health, respiration and circulation.
7) Strengthens the functioning of the urinary and reproductive systems.
8) Improves health of the skin as well as hair.
How to use Gir Chyawanprash
Chyawanprash is heating in nature and is hence consumed with desi Gau milk. Adults can take 1-2 teaspoons once or twice a day, while kids can take half this dosage. In case you notice any adverse effects due to the heating nature of Chyawanprash, it is advisable to reduce the dosage.
It may be more advisable to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before consuming Chyawanprash in the following cases -
1) For pitta body types or people with digestive imbalances.
2) For people with high or low blood sugar.
3) For people taking prescription druges or already undergoing long term Ayurvedic treatment.